Clear display of numbers on Start Boats is really important so sailors and umpires know what is happening. You may also have a need to display race numbers ashore, particularly if transferring sailors out to boats using changeover ribs. There are several options that you can use for displaying numbers; the following are just a few ideas
- Homemade printed numbers print out numbers 0-9 on sheets of paper and when put into plastic wallets can make a useful flip chart.
- Use a small whiteboard Great until it starts to rain. Takes quite a lot of time to write numbers large enough to be seen from any distance.
- Cricket Score Board numbers For a more professional looking approach you can use cricket score board numbers.
- Football Substitution Boards For a quick and easy solution but generally only able to display two digits if you're planning to run a lot of races!
- Digital Number Boards Making your own or investing in equipment is possible to create digital number displays. There are various ways to do this,